Solutions for tomorrow
We offer a broad range of industrial products. The availability of raw material supplies within the Group as well as the diverse skills and resources of our business units represent valuable resources in this respect.
Your search results
Our customers’ requirements are constantly changing. But with crude steel, we have an answer to these market dynamics that is both reliable and impressive.
The crude steel is produced in an electric arc furnace (EAF). With a batch weight of around 140 tonnes, the liquid steel is cast into ingots subject to a successful secondary metallurgy process.
- Weight: 3.5–44-tonne ingots for open-die forging
- Shape: 4-edge, 8-edge and 16-edge
As an alternative to the ingot, we also offer you the billet form.
Following crude steel production process in the electric arc furnace, the steel enters the 6-core continuous casting line and is poured into blooms.
Contact our Bous site for information concerning further block formats.
- Dimensions: 165 x 165 mm and 245 x 245 mm 4-edge
- Delivery lengths: 3.5 to 7 m
Georgsmarienhütte GmbH produces steel bars in compliance with the highest standards of the automotive supplier, mechanical engineering and capital goods industries.
In the rolling mill precision roller units produce steel bars with extremely precise tolerance according to the Kocks system. The material is produced with individually-required material properties - according to customer needs - with optional heat treatment.
- Rounds to DIN EN 10060 Table 1:
19.5 to 126 mm diameter
- Special tolerances (up to 1/4 DIN EN 10060, normal):
19.5 to 126 mm diameter
- Rounds to DIN EN 10060 Table 2
In the 23 to 126 mm product range the rounds include sizes to DIN EN standard.
Other sizes are available by arrangement.
- 3 to 10m (bright)
- 4.5 to 10m (black)
- Other lengths by arrangements
- Short lengths > 100 mm by arrangement
- Abrasively cut
- Chamfered (for 23 to 100 mm diameter) by arrangement
- Straight as rolled, to DIN EN 10060
- Ultrasonic inspection
- Eddy current testing
- Identity inspection
- Rough-peeled: tolerance > h12 for 21.5 to 120 mm diameter
- Rough-ground: tolerance > h12 for 25 to 100 mm diameter
Today, electrical energy is almost exclusively produced in rotating dynamos - so-called generators. Most of this energy by far is produced in turbo generators which run at 3,000 revolutions per minute. The rotating magnetic field is generated by windings with alternating polarity, which are caused by DC. The windings protrude from the longitudinal grooves of the rotor at the ball ends and form the winding head that must be secured against the centrifugal force. Retaining rings take over this function. They are the component bearing the greatest load in a turbo generator.
Our retaining rings endure the enormous centrifugal force in generators - which amounts to up to 3,600 rotations per minute. Current material standard is P900 (material number/DIN-Code: 1.3816, ASTM A 289, Class C)
- high yield strength
- good cold and hot forming properties
- low thermal expansion
- resistance to stress corrosion cracking
- open die forged
- seamless rolled